Hello, Friends!
I've got ten minutes until I head to class. Here I go:
I've got a lot lot lot to do! Why did I do this to myself, again? Oh yes, because I wanted my life to be used to its fullest. So, I'm using every minute of it. It feels great.
I set this goal to actually cook at least one good main dish every week. So I find a recipe, go shopping on Saturday, and by all the ingredients. Then, on Sunday, I make a dish. It typically lasts me 3-4 days. That way I don't have to cook every night, but I have something healthy, filling, and fast that I can re-heat and eat. I've also set a goal to make sure it has vegetables in it. I am loving it, because I love good food! Hopefully this will prepare me for future years of meal planning and cooking every night for my family.
Speaking of families, my dear sweet roommate from last year, Melanie, is engaged. I have to admit, I am very very shocked. I love her very much, and she is an angel. But, honestly, she is the last I would have expected to get married, as she has never had close to a boyfriend before, and definitely is still very innocent. In a good way. But I am just as surprised as I would be if I had a younger sister who had just graduated from high school decided to get married. But, I have seen Melanie recently, and she seems to have done a lot of growing up. Go Melanie! It's just strange to me how different people can be when it's right for them to get married.
Four minutes left.
I really love all of my classes. I love learning so much. My study habits are becoming exactly what I've wanted them to be for years. That makes me very, very happy. And smart! My shakespeare class is great. So is Italian. Italian is really taking over my life; but, I am surprisingly okay with that. My tentative plan is to go all the way through 202, but we'll have to see what happens when I plan my major. I could even do an Italian minor if I wanted to. Great!
My new ward is growing on me. It's a pretty young ward, but I am finding good things in everyone. And I really am grateful for the examples of my roommates. They are so positive and peaceful and comfortable to be around. And everyone takes their turn washing the dishes!
I'm excited that it's getting colder, but I need to get some more warm clothes that I can wear to work. I like buying things, so that is good. But I hate losing money, so that is bad. In any case, I will be spending money whether I like it or not.
Okay, back to my education. It's 9:54.
No comments:
Post a Comment