Hi, I'm lonely.
Not always, but today.
Sometimes I don't know what to think of life. It's all very exciting, not knowing what is going to happen. But it also makes me very afraid sometimes. The same kind of afraid that I used to feel when I turned my bedroom light off at night, jumped under my covers, and hid from the fictional monsters that would inevitably try to bite my toes off when I was asleep.
On those scary nights, I wished for a strong man to keep me safe from hypnotizing snakes, hungry crocodiles, and long-legged spiders. All I could do was sing my favorite songs from the primary songbook, hoping that the beasts' hearts would be softened by my beautiful voice and the gospel message. :)
I wish that the adversary was as easy to please.
I wish that I would remember to pray and sing hymns to uplift my soul.
I wish that my fears were imaginary.
I wish that I had a strong man to keep me close when I am afraid.
But the Lord gives me the strength to stand up straight and tall to those monsters, challenging them with all of the power I have within me.
"Pray always, that ye may come off conqueror; yea, that you may conquer satan."
1 comment:
Have I told you lately that I love you?
Post a Comment