Monday, October 6, 2008

Fall Colors

I am super duper ecstatic about how happy I am!

I love the fall.

My blessings are coming through, and they are more beautiful than I could ever have imagined.
I am a teacher aide at a preschool for children with autism. I am learning more about parenting, learning, and patience than I could have hoped for! It is an answer to so many prayers from months ago, even from before I needed a job. Those children are my angels.

I have an interview for another great job this week. If I got the job I'd have some pretty long days, but it would be the perfect way to have all of my needs met, both now and later.

I am coming to really love my roommates. On Sunday, we had an "apartment council", where we discussed our concerns and how to fix them. Everyone was very mature about it. Afterwards, we had a personal apartment "tunnel singing" in our living room. We even recorded a few songs we sang together on Sammi's computer.

I got a temporary parking permit from the University Parking Enforcement! And all because I was a "sweetheart". I didn't even have to work up my feminine charm for it - he initiated the flirting. So, I had to pay $50 dollars for the boot on my car, but I, along with my cuteness, ended up securing a parking permit that will last me until November 10th. No more parking on Canyon Road for me! That was definitely worth the ten minutes of flirting.

Melanie and I decorated our apartment today! We made little "ghosties" out of napkins and black yarn, and hung them from the ceiling in our breakfast room. We also used black and orange streamers and pumpkin cut-outs to decorate the walls. I even brought out some orange, green, and black wet-erase markers with which to draw very cute Halloween-ish pictures on our mirror doors. I put a ghostie in my car! His name is Globster. I think. Lee named him. Those ghosties make me smile like nothing else. I feel like I live in a magical fort when I walk into my breakfast room. :) !

Tonight for FHE we built a fire and roasted marshmallows. We ladies were entertained by our brothers with funny date stories and mission stories.

Tomorrow, two of my brothers are celebrating their birthdays at a park in Sandy. Daniel turned 13, and Max is now 5. I love to watch my siblings grow older. It's amazing! Both sets of grandparents will be at the party, and I managed to pick up very cheap but very cool presents for my brothers at the dollar store today.

The air is becoming cooler, and I am enjoying every minute of it! For general conference, it rained. That was beautiful. The rain, as well as conference. I got to go to both morning sessions. :) It's so helpful to be reminded of the eternal perspective by prophets. My favorite is watching the great leaders of the Church walk out of the room, arm in arm with their precious wives.

I love cuddling up in sweats and socks and potato shoes and sweaters, and watching the rain and such outside. Fall is such a nice time of year.

2 comments:

Rachel Ann said...

your car got booted? rachel jane.

however, although i do not share your extreme love for fall, i agree. it is incredibly beautiful. i love the chill in the air.

Rachel said...

That's okay if you don't agree with me, that's why we're people. ;)
And yes, my car was booted. And I resolved it. No need for reprimand.