The semester is almost over. I've got three more finals out of five, and I am spending every minute of life at work or in the library. I've discovered this past week how much I love studying in the library - I can listen to music while I work, and can get a lot more done than I would at home. I love the library!
I'm starting to be a little scared because the semester's ending. My sophomore year wasn't at all what I expected, and I let some hard things take over my life for a while, but I'm finally done with all of that! I can focus, I am making friends, I am Happy! Work is really great, because I've gotten to know so many fun people there. I'm actually excited to work there this summer. I didn't make too many friends in my ward this year because I was a bit distracted, so I feel like I'm just starting to get to know everyone now. There are so many really cool people around me that I didn't even notice until now!
First of all, my family is great. I really do love them. My older brother and I are almost as close as we were years ago, before his mission and before he came to BYU. My younger brother Joseph is growing up and learning a ton (even teaching me, too!), and all my little siblings are surprising me with how fast they are growing up. I have the funnest times with my siblings. I really love my parents, too. It's great to see my mom happy. :)
My roommates are also wonderful! Sarah has helped me through the past year more than probably any other friend I have, and I am so so grateful. She's always so willing to listen to me, and is so genuinely caring. I don't know how I would have made the journey without her! Sammi has also loved me a lot, and has brought some fun into my life. She's got an awesome sense of humor, and has cheered me up more than once. Melanie is a sweetheart, and reminds me to be good. :) I didn't know Bridget very well until this semester, but I really love her a lot, too! It's been fun to see how happy she is with Kyle, her fiance.
My ex/future roommie Katie made me smile a lot, too! I love her so much, and I'm excited to live with her again. She's always willing to take care of me and love me and have fun with me - whatever I need. Lots of other people have been wonderfully nice to me - people in my ward, professors, friends at work especially, and other friends.
Anyway, my point is that I am full of Joy! I have lots of awesome friends, and I have even more coming up to BYU this next fall! I'm especially excited for Rachel and Jessica, my twinners. It's going to be a great year!
Well, it's been a pretty interesting year! Very very humbling! I have all sorts of friends getting married, and I feel pretty far away from being ready for that myself (despite wanting to get married ever since kindergarten). I've got a lot to still do with myself and my life - including hopefully serving a mission!
Okay, time to get back to studying. Isn't music wonderful? I really am a big fan of life. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment