Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh. I just bore my testimony to a non-member for the first time in my life. In a facebook message. To a friend I've had since 4th grade. I have been thinking about it for about a month now, and I couldn't get it out of my head. So I sent him a facebook message (the only method of contact I have for him), with my testimony, a link to a mormon message video, and a link to lds.org.
I know that what I told him is true. I know that if he will read and listen what I wrote, and if he prays about it, it will change his life. Maybe my message will have only planted a seed. But I could not sit here, in Utah, at BYU, having such a testimony that God has blessed me with, without sharing it with someone that I know would see it as something good if given a chance.
I told him he doesn't have to reply to my message. But maybe he will. It took everything I had to have faith and not be fearful when I sent the message. Now I am so nervous, even though I know it was what I was supposed to do. How could I sit around, taking the gospel for granted, attending general conference, reading my patriarchal blessing, and especially talk about and dream about and prepare to serve a mission, if I am not willing to share the most precious thing to me now?
So, I did it. And now I'm freaking out. But at the same time, I realize that the only reason I am freaking out is because I am worried about what Tim will think of me, that he will see me as pushy or blasphemous. Even though I know he respects me for my religious beliefs and my lifestyle. But those things are all about Me! This is not about me. This is about the Lord and Tim. But, because I have been given much, I too must give. I am just praying so hard that he will give it a chance. That he will pray. I know that if he will pray about it sincerely, and listen, the Lord will witness to him, through the Holy Ghost, that it is true.
If you read this, pray for Tim.
No comments:
Post a Comment